Hearing aids can drastically improve your quality of life, and better hearing means closer relationships, more confidence, and less frustration with your life. As wonderful as hearing aids are, they need upkeep, like any piece of equipment. If you’re looking to repair your hearing aids or replace your hearing aid’s battery, look no further than McGuire’s Hearing Centers in Long Island, Bronx and Westchester, NY
When to Repair Your Hearing Aid
There are several telltale signs that your hearing aid needs a repair. If you experience any of the following symptoms, please consider giving us a call:
- You ask people to repeat themselves more than usual
- You can see signs of damage on the outside of the hearing aid
- Your hearing aid is making unusual sounds, or you can hear distortion in the sound quality
- An excess of wax, dirt, or moisture is affecting the function of your hearing aid
- Your hearing aid doesn’t fit like it did when it was first inserted
- A professional has advised you to get your hearing aid replaced
Hearing Aid Battery Replacement in Long Island, Bronx and Westchester, NY
There is a huge variety in the world of hearing aids, from simple and user-friendly to intricate and advanced. Depending on the specifications and construction of your hearing aid, the battery usually lasts somewhere between three and twenty days. If you find yourself turning up your hearing aid more than usual, or the sound becomes distorted, it may be time to replace your battery.
McGuire’s Hearing Aids & Audiology Services can help diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair your hearing aid, if you are experiencing performance issues. Hearing loss can have a huge impact on your day-to-day life, and repairing your hearing aid or replacing your battery can make a night-and-day improvement to your quality of life.